The Operate tab of the Developer Dashboard provides tools to manage monetization across your Unity Projects. From the dashboard, you can configure Placements, filters, test devices, IAP Promotions, and revenue reports to maximize your earning potential.
By default, you enter the dashboard at the Organization level (for more information, see Unity Organizations). The information on the Operate landing page applies to your entire Organization, rather than a specific Project.
Use the left navigation bar to select your desired option.
Select Dashboard from the left navigation bar to display your Organization’s at-a-glance revenue report. You can view statistics on Total Revenue, Total DAU, or Total New Users across all the Organization’s Projects. You can also filter the data by platform or date range.
Select Projects from the left navigation bar to view a list of your Organization’s Projects. The list view provides at-a-glance information about each Project’s Total Revenue, Ad Revenue, New Users, DAU (daily active users), and ARPDAU (average revenue per daily active user).
Select any Project from the list to manage that Project’s operations settings (see section on Project-level navigation).
For more information, also see section on Managing Projects.
Ads Data Export
Email & CSV
Select Ads Data Export > Email & CSV from the left navigation bar to export a monetization report for your Organization.
For more information on configuring reports, see documentation on Monetization statistics.
Select Ads Data Export > Test Devices from the left navigation bar to register an iOS or Android device for testing your Unity Ads or IAP integration without monetizing the device. This is important for testing integration in unpublished games, to avoid being flagged for fraud.
Enter your device's name in the first input field, and your IDFA (ID for advertising) in the second input field. For more information on locating your device's IDFA, see documentation on How to find your mobile device identifiers.
Select Ads Data Export > API Access from the left navigation bar to locate your Organization’s API key. This key is required for generating reports through the Monetization statistics API.
Select a Project to drill down into that Project’s dashboard settings.
Use the left navigation bar to select your desired option.
Select Overview from the left navigation bar to display your Project’s at-a-glance revenue report. You can view statistics on Total Revenue, Average DAU, or Day 1 Retention across all the Organization’s Projects. You can also filter the data by platform or date range.
Ad Revenue Report
Select Reporting > Ad Revenue from the left navigation bar to view a breakdown of ad revenue for your Project.
There are several ways to refine your report:
- Filter data by platform, or date range.
- Select the desired metric to visualize the data as a chart.
- Change the comparison field to split data across different categories and compare the splits:
- Compare Date plots ad revenue for each day from the selected date range.
- Compare Platform plots ad revenue for each platform (Google Play Store, Apple App Store, and Others) against each other.
- Compare Country plots ad revenue for each country (Australia, Canada, China, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Japan, South Korea, Russia, Taiwan, United States, and Others) against each other.
- Compare to previous period plots ad revenue for the current date range against ad revenue from the preceding equivalent date range.
- Compare Placements plots ad revenue for each Placement against each other.
- Compare All Projects plots ad revenue for the current Project against your Organization’s other Unity Ads-enabled Projects.
- Choose whether to view data as a spline chart, bar chart, or to export data as a CSV file.
Select Reporting > IAP Purchases from the left navigation bar to view a breakdown of In-App Purchasing (IAP) revenue for your Project.
You can filter data by date range, and display it as a spline chart, bar chart, or stacked chart.
Select Reporting > IAP Promotions from the left navigation bar to view analytic insights for your Project’s IAP Promo performance. For more information on configuring Promos, see documentation on IAP Promo integration.
You can filter the following metrics by Promotion and date range:
- IAP Revenue: The cumulative revenue generated from Promo offers.
- Users: The number of users exposed to Promo offers.
- ARPPU: The average revenue per paying user.
- Conversions: The percent of exposed users that purchased the offer.
- Return Rate (7 days): The 7-day retention of users after exposure to a Promo offer.
Hover over any metric breakdown in the timeline to view the full data for that day.
Select Monetization > Placements from the left navigation bar to create and manage Placements for your Project. For more information, see documentation on Placements.
Select Monetization > Platforms from the left navigation bar to retrieve platform-specific Game IDs, manage Store Details, configure ad filters, and configure platform settings.
- Select a platform store to access that platform’s filters and settings for your Project.
- The Unity Ads SDK requires your Project’s Game ID to initialize in your game script.
- To link your game to its published retail product, click ADD STORE DETAILS for the respective storefront.
Ad content filters
Unity Ads provides tools to refine your ad strategy by targeting specific demographics with specific content. Select the AD FILTERING tab and use the following categories to exclude certain content:
- GAME CATEGORIES: Check options to filter out ad content for games of a certain genre.
- OTHER CATEGORIES: Check options to filter out ad content for games containing certain content or themes.
- EXCLUDE CONTENT: Check options to filter out ad content for apps targeting specific age ratings.
Click SAVE to apply your selected filters.
Using a combination of these filters is the best way to ensure certain content gets excluded. For example, if your game targets users under 13 years old, checking the following would safely reduce the possibility of them seeing ad content related to gambling:
- [GAME CATEGORIES] Casino
- [OTHER CATEGORIES] Lottery and Gambling
- [EXCLUDE CONTENT] Do not show ads rated 13+
Note: Filtering ad content is often advantageous, but it can negatively impact revenue by creating smaller ad pools to draw from. For more information on this trade off, please read our Best practices guide.
If you have additional questions or unique requests regarding ad filtering, contact Unity Ads support.
Select the SETTINGS tab to access the following:
- PLATFORM OVERVIEW contains critical information about your Project, including Game ID, Store Game ID, and Store game name. Note that these settings are read-only, and cannot be changed from this menu.
- VIDEO ORIENTATION allows you to change the preferred screen orientation for videos displayed in your game. Ads default to landscape mode, unless you toggle use video orientation according to the orientation of the device.
- TEST MODE allows you to test your integration without serving live ads. Use this setting to override programmatic settings on a device, by toggling override client test mode, then checking Force test mode (i.e. use test ads) for all devices. It is important to enable test mode before testing integration to avoid getting flagged for fraud.
- ADS DELIVERY STATUS allows you to temporarily stop serving ads to your application.
Adding store details
Skipping this step does not prevent you from showing ads, however, some of Unity's advertising partners require this information. In order to maximize revenue opportunities, please make sure you include it.
For the Google Play store, extract the Google Play Store ID from your game’s URL, as shown in the highlighted section of the following URL:
For the Apple App store, extract the Apple App Store ID from your game’s URL, as shown in the highlighted section of the following URL:
Note: If you recently published your app, Unity may be unable to look up its ID. Should you encounter this error, please try again 5-7 days after the publish date.
Define In-App Purchases
Select Monetization > Define In-App Purchases from the left navigation bar to import and manage IAP Product Catalogs for your Project. For a complete guide, see documentation on Product Catalogs.
Configure IAP Promotions
Select Monetization > Configure IAP Promotions from the left navigation bar to create and manage IAP Promos for your Project. For a complete guide, see documentation on Promotions.
Use unique features from Unity Analytics to fine-tune your games.
Tutorial Manager (Beta)
Tutorial Manager adapts your game’s tutorial to individual players. Whether they're seasoned veterans or brand new, Unity serves an experience that's right for the player – leading to better retention for your game.
For more information on using Tutorial Manager, click CONTACT US TO LEARN MORE and fill out the web form.
LiveTune allows you to deliver optimal quality and frame rate performance on any device by dynamically adjusting your content’s complexity. In LiveTune, you group your performance and quality settings into scalable tiers and LiveTune automatically finds the optimal quality level for every device, enabling performance and quality optimization at scale for thousands of devices.
For more information, see beta documentation on LiveTune.
A/B Testing (Beta)
Conduct A/B tests to improve your game. Choose the best settings based on data. Gain the insight you need to make superior decisions.
For more information, see documentation on A/B testing.
Use Remote Settings to control properties in your game from the dashboard. You can change game appearance and behavior without needing to release an application update.
For more information, see documentation on Remote Settings.
Use Unity Analytics to evaluate and improve your game through data.
For a detailed breakdown, see documentation on the Analytics dashboard.
Find critical information about your Project here, including Project name, Project ID, COPPA designation, and app store IDs. One-click copy icons make it easy to copy and paste each property into your code or other areas of the dashboard where needed.
Access settings that are specific to managing your Unity Analytics data.
For more information, see documentation on Analytics settings.
To manage Projects, navigate to the Operate tab of the Developer Dashboard, and ensure no Projects are selected. Select Projects from the left navigation bar to view a list of your Organization’s Projects.
Click NEW PROJECT to create a Project under your selected Organization.
Enter the following information in the Add new project prompt:
- Project name acts as the title by which your Project is identified in the dashboard UI.
- Apple App Store ID is optional, but recommended for published games to maximize access to third-party advertising partners.
- Google Play Store ID is optional, but recommended for published games to maximize access to third-party advertising partners.
Note: You can always add store IDs later by selecting the Project, then Monetization > Platforms > ADD STORE DETAILS. For more information on locating the relative store IDs, see section on Adding store details.
- Check the COPPA compliance designation if your game will target an audience under 13 years old in the United States.
Click ADD PROJECT to create your Project. Projects created in the Developer Dashboard automatically enable the Operate services.
Enabling an existing Project
Projects created in the Unity Editor do not enable Operate services by default. If a Project’s Operate services are not enabled, selecting them on the dashboard Projects list will prompt you to do so.
Click TURN ON OPERATE, then set the app store IDs and COPPA compliance designation appropriately to enable services.
This help article details how to archive old Projects that are cluttering your dashboard, and how to view or change the status of archived Projects.